Descendants of Matthew Algie
Generation No. 1
1. MATTHEW1 ALGIE
Child of MATTHEW ALGIE is:
2. i. JOHN2 ALGIE, b. 1809.
Generation No. 2
2. JOHN2 ALGIE (MATTHEW1) was born 1809. He married MARGARET BARTON. She was born 1806.
Child of JOHN ALGIE and MARGARET BARTON is:
3. i. JAMES3 ALGIE, b. January 08, 1834, Paisley, Scotlansd.
Generation No. 3
3. JAMES3 ALGIE (JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born January 08, 1834 in Paisley, Scotland. He married MARGARET PATTERSON, daughter of JOHN PATTERSON. She was born January 12, 1842 in Carmyle, Scotland.
Children of JAMES ALGIE and MARGARET PATTERSON are:
4. i. AGNES4 ALGIE, b. March 06, 1865, Hutchesontown, Glasgow, County Lanark, Scotland; d. March 02, 1935.
ii. JAMES ALGIE. Notes for JAMES ALGIE: from obituary of Dr. Robert Algie Came from Glasgow, Scotland to America with family in 1885 at the age 10. Son of James and Margaret Patterson Algie. Lived on a farm near Morrowville, Kansas. After several years on farm moved to Washington, Kansas where further engaged in business for years.Owned a dry goods store.
iii. MATTHEW ALGIE. Notes for MATTHEW ALGIE: Moved to California. Had a hardware store.
iv. JOHN ALGIE. Notes for JOHN ALGIE: Went to college. Engineer. Built Railroad bridges, helped to open up the west.
v. MARGARET ALGIE. Notes for MARGARET ALGIE: Mother of Pauline Davis.
Generation No. 4
4. AGNES4 ALGIE (JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born March 06, 1865 in Hutchesontown, Glasgow, County Lanark, Scotland, and died March 02, 1935. She married DAVID ROBERTSON, son of DAVID ROBERTSON and ELIZABETH ALLEN. He was born December 12, 1861 in Hamilton, Lanarkshire, Scotland.
Children of AGNES ALGIE and DAVID ROBERTSON are:
5. i. MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON, b. March 13, 1891, Forest Hills, Boston, MA; d. October 19, 1970, Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME.
ii. ALLAN ROBERTSON, b. 1893, Upstairs apartment on South Street, Framingham, Ma.
iii. STANLEY ROBERTSON, b. 1896, Emmes Street.
iv. FENTON ROBERTSON, b. 1898.
v. JAMES ROBERTSON, b. 1905, Lincoln Street.
vi. JOHN ROBERTSON, b. 1908.
Generation No. 5
5. MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON (AGNES4 ALGIE, JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born March 13, 1891 in Forest Hills, Boston, MA, and died October 19, 1970 in Westbrook, Cumberland County, ME. She married PAUL EDWARDS CARRUTHERS September 30, 1915 in Framingham, MA, son of JOHN CARRUTHERS and SUSIE PAUL. He was born May 31, 1891 in Saco, ME, and died March 21, 1964 in Portland, Maine.
More About MARGARET ALGIE ROBERTSON: Burial: Evergreen Cemetery, Portland, Maine
Children of MARGARET ROBERTSON and PAUL CARRUTHERS are:
6. i. JOHN BURR6 CARRUTHERS, b. August 24, 1916, Worcester, MA; d. December 07, 1985, Juneau, Alaska.
7. ii. AGNES ALGIE CARRUTHERS AKA NANCY, b. July 16, 1918, Worcester, MA.
8. iii. RUTH CARRUTHERS, b. September 05, 1920, Worcester, MA; d. July 31, 2000, Yarmouth, ME.
9. iv. ELIZABETH CARRUTHERS, b. March 27, 1927, Newton Center, MA; d. November 02, 2004, Cape Elizabeth, ME.
Generation No. 6
6. JOHN BURR6 CARRUTHERS (MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON, AGNES4 ALGIE, JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born August 24, 1916 in Worcester, MA, and died December 07, 1985 in Juneau, Alaska. He married (1) EDITH M. YUILL February 1943 in Worcester, MA. She was born April 22, 1915 in Northampton, MA, and died November 10, 1989 in Easthampton, MA. He married (2) DOROTHY FRANCES WENDEL July 04, 1948. She was born 1921, and died August 02, 1974 in Juneau, AK. He married (3) CLARA 1977.
Child of JOHN CARRUTHERS and EDITH YUILL is:
i. JOHN BURR7 CARRUTHERS III, b. December 09, 1944, Philadelphia, PA; m. JANE KETCHAM DOWNING, July 27, 1968, St. Petersburg, Florida; b. October 10, 1945, Brooklyn, NY.
Notes for JOHN BURR CARRUTHERS III: John born in PA because Jac was stationed at Fort Dix, NJ
Children of JOHN CARRUTHERS and DOROTHY WENDEL are:
ii. PAUL EDWARDS7 CARRUTHERS, b. October 03, 1949; m. WYNELL.
iii. FRANK WENDEL CARRUTHERS, b. February 21, 1952.
iv. JUDITH FLEMING CARRUTHERS, b. January 13, 1957, Dexter, Maine; m. (1) DAVID GEORGE DAU, July 10, 1977; b. September 10, 1955, Okmulgee, Oklahoma; m. (2) BRADLEE GENE SMATHERS, August 12, 1983; b. April 30, 1957, Columbus, Ohio. Notes for JUDITH FLEMING CARRUTHERS: Divorced 1979
7. AGNES ALGIE CARRUTHERS AKA6 NANCY (MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON, AGNES4 ALGIE, JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born July 16, 1918 in Worcester, MA. She married (1) COLEMAN FORBES BICKNELL September 02, 1939 in Framingham, MA. He was born May 21, 1913 in Worcester, MA, and died September 29, 1956 in Portland, Maine. She married (2) EDWARD A. TABER JR. July 11, 1970 in Scarborough, ME. He was born September 19, 1917 in Dorchester, MA, and died February 28, 1999 in Gorham, ME.
Children of AGNES NANCY and COLEMAN BICKNELL are:
i. BRUCE WILLIAM7 BICKNELL, b. August 14, 1941, Oklahoma City, OK; m. (1) PIERRETTE DENICE DANSEREAU, November 26, 1966, Montreal, Quebec, Canada; m. (2) PAMELA DROLL, 1990; b. March 09, 1957, Annapolis, MD.
ii. BRIAN PAUL BICKNELL, b. February 22, 1944, Portland, Maine; m. PATRICIA ELAINE TOFURI, February 18, 1967, Winchester, MA; b. May 11, 1944, Winchester, MA.
8. RUTH6 CARRUTHERS (MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON, AGNES4 ALGIE, JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born September 05, 1920 in Worcester, MA, and died July 31, 2000 in Yarmouth, ME. She married GORDON FLETCHER PARLIN April 24, 1943 in Framingham, MA, son of GEORGE PARLIN and FREDA WELCH. He was born November 17, 1919 in Dorchester, MA, and died September 24, 1998 in Falmouth, ME. Burial: Evergreen Cemetery, Portland, ME More About GORDON FLETCHER PARLIN: Burial: Evergreen Cemetery, Portland, ME
Children of RUTH CARRUTHERS and GORDON PARLIN are:
i. JANET7 PARLIN, b. November 29, 1944, Waltham, MA; m. MARTIN F. GODFREY, January 14, 1965; b. July 04, 1943, Portland, Maine; d. April 09, 2003, Bangor, Maine.
ii. CAROL PARLIN, b. December 20, 1946, Somerville, MA; m. ALEXANDER BLOCH BRIGGS, April 20, 1968, Dexter Methodist Church, Dexter, ME; b. July 24, 1945, Great Barrington, MA.
iii. LINDA PARLIN, b. May 06, 1948, Brunswick, Maine; m. THOMAS EDWARD DAILEY, April 18, 1975, Wilton, Maine; b. June 21; d. November 04, 1996, Portland, Maine.
iv. DONALD FLETCHER PARLIN, b. June 01, 1953, Portland, Maine; m. (1) BARBARA BELLOLI, September 30, 1972, Framingham, MA; b. January 29, 1955, Framingham, MA; divorced December 16, 1986. m. (2) MARY MARGARET GALVIN, December 08, 1987, Framingham, MA; b. May 15, 1960, Bottineau, North Dakota.
v. ROBERT BURR PARLIN, b. June 01, 1953, Portland, Maine; m. ANN MARIE MILLER, August 26, 1972, Rockport, Maine; b. March 12, 1953, Rockland, Maine.
9. ELIZABETH6 CARRUTHERS (MARGARET ALGIE5 ROBERTSON, AGNES4 ALGIE, JAMES3, JOHN2, MATTHEW1) was born March 27, 1927 in Newton Center, MA, and died November 02, 2004 in Cape Elizabeth, ME. She married (1) WILLIAM FRANKLIN DAVIS July 17, 1948 in Sunset Point, Yarmouth, Maine. He was born May 03, 1927 in Lewiston, ME, and died April 27, 1965 in VA Hospital, Augusta, ME. She married (2) MAYNARD E. HODGKINS September 01, 1966 in Sunset Point, Yarmouth, Maine. He was born February 26, 1919 in Portland, Maine, and died May 24, 1997 in Portland, Maine.
Children of ELIZABETH CARRUTHERS and WILLIAM DAVIS are:
i. SUSAN L7 DAVIS, b. July 08, 1959, Sanford, Maine; Adopted child; m. (1) ALLEN FISK, Never married; m. (2) WILLIAM COCHRAN, May 04, 1985; m. (3) CHARLIE BRITCH, February 28, 1991; m. (4) JOHN CARROLL, April 03, 1996.
ii. SCOTT ROBERTSON DAVIS, b. March 05, 1961, Portland, Maine; Adopted child; m. (1) CHRISTINA MARIE NADEAU; b. June 17, 1965; m. (2) KATHRYN ELIZABETH KNAPP, July 04, 1981, Cousins Island Chapel; b. March 04, 1959.